Thursday, February 21, 2013

Nerves, anxiety, excitement... oh my

Half marathon is three days away. I leave for Florida tomorrow! You would think I would be over the moon excited.... guess again! Don't get me wrong, deep down I am super excited. I know I am ready for this and I know it will be great fun (knock on wood). However, the last two days have just been full of anxiety and nerves! I'm stressing out that everything will go wrong. Here is a list of things i'm freaking out about...

1. Sleeping through my alarm clock tomorrow.
2. Deanna not being able to drive me to the airport last minute
3. Missing my flight
4. My bag not being able to carry on and having to check it in and then losing it
5. My dad ditching me, missing his flight or getting sick.
6. Getting to Disney and getting a horrible cold
7. Dad and I getting into a fight and it ruining our weekend
8. How expensive this trip is actually going to be.
9. Not being able to switch to a better corral.
10. Sleeping through my alarm clock
11. Iphone breaking/not being charged
12. Headphones breaking
13. Tripping or hurting myself during the race
14. Race course being too hot, and making it harder then I thought it would be
15. Not finishing race


Ok. So maybe I am being ridiculous! Yes, I probably am. This is my first half marathon and it's a really big deal to me (if you haven't been able to tell). What I have learned through my own races and through reading blogs from other runners is... THINGS NEVER GO AS EXPECTED! I just have to accept that and go with the flow. EVERYTHING WILL BE OK! I know this deep down, but I just have to keep reminding myself that. In the mean time I needed to write this all out. Call it therapeutic..

Here are solutions to all the things I just mentioned...


1. Sleeping through my alarm clock tomorrow- you have to leave at 9:30am. You wake up everyday at 7am. Set extra alarms crazy lady
2. Deanna not being able to drive me to the airport last minute-The race isn't until Sunday. It's ok! She promised and there is nothing you can do!
3. Missing my flight- There are many other flights to Florida 
4. My bag not being able to carry on and having to check it in and then losing it-  Put important things in carry on bag- aka race day outfit!
5. My dad ditching me, missing his flight or getting sick.- He isn't running the race, you are!
6. Getting to Disney and getting a horrible cold- Don't worry, there is a thing called Dayquill!
7. Dad and I getting into a fight and it ruining our weekend- Don't worry. Love each other and cherish time together. Also you are paying for the room so you can kick him out :) 
8. How expensive this trip is actually going to be-This is your birthday trip, you have been planning this for a while knowing it will be expensive. Don't go overboard, but enjoy your time there!
9. Not being able to switch to a better corral.-Your current corral is fine, you know how fast you have to go anyways!
10. Sleeping through my alarm clock race day. -You think you will actually sleep the night before!? Set 10 alarms to be safe
11. Iphone breaking/not being charged- Well shit
12. Headphones breaking- Thats why you pack extra
13. Tripping or hurting myself during the race- Get back up!
14. Race course being too hot, and making it harder then I thought it would be- Hot and sweaty= more calories burned. Just keep hydrated. Just keep drinking, just keep drinking
15. Not finishing race- YOU HAVE BEEN TRAINING FOR 4 MONTHS. You are fine (knock on wood) 

No comments:

Post a Comment