Sunday, March 3, 2013

Turning 21 years old and feeling older already!

After an amazing weekend at Disney, I was scared my birthday wouldn't measure up. Ever since I have been at college my friends have thrown me birthday parties, usually on the Oscars. However this year, nothing was really planned. I woke up Tuesday morning still on a high from the race on Sunday. I woke up to a sweet card from my SCA, Eliz, which was a very sweet way to start my day. Before I knew it I had birthday plans for every night! I'm not going to lie, this was different than ever before. But hey, why not try something new?! So here is how the celebration went down:

Tuesday night (Birthday day)
I ended up going to spinning which was a great idea, at 5:44pm when I turned 21 (aka when I was born) the song Shots  came on, how perfect was that?

I celebrated my first boozeday Tuesday with my favorite ladies!



After spinning I was planning on going out to drinks with Paige, my birthday twin however those plans fell through. Marianna and Belle insisted on going out to dinner with me so I could order my first legal drink. I really couldn't ask for better friends. We had a great dinner out, and successfully ordered my first legal drink!

`






After dinner out with the girls, I went over to Ju Ju's apartment. She wanted to hear all about the race and also had a beyond sweet birthday gift for me, PRINCESS THEMED.







Wednesday night
Wednesday night I had got dinner with Deanna on campus and she surprised me and brought Kirsten. Even though Kirsten and I were roommates last year, we never see each other anymore. It was fun to finally see her! After that I went to a res life meeting, and that was pretty much it.

Thursday night
Cori took me out to Bertucci's for dinner and drinks! It was great catching up with her and telling her all about Disney. Then the most amazing thing happened. Just when I thought things couldn't get yummier  at Bertucci's, three gorgeous men sang happy birthday to me!




Friday
Friday really turned into a whole day of celebration. It started with going out with Julia to Northampton, shopping and getting away from campus. We then went to Atkins, our favorite farm, and I ordered myself my own birthday cake, if that isn't a sign of growing up I don't know what is.

Then, Friday night rolled around. Ellen came over earlier to hang out and then Biz came over and we went to Northampton. We got dinner at a yummy Thai place, and then the craziness happened!
After dinner we went to our first bar. We had a few drinks here and then we were off to another bar.  At the next bar, the drinks started rolling in. We even get three free glasses of champagne for my birthday! It was so much fun…






Saturday:
Saturday I was supposed to go out with Ju Ju for a yummy dinner at our favorite restaurant, however she wasn't feeling to well. I texted some other friends what they were up to.... no response.... I hate that! Anyways, the night ended up being exactly what I needed, night in with M watching a movie in PJ's and eating birthday cake (sooooo much left over).

I think that about concludes the birthday extravaganza. I was upset that Saturday night turned out not as expected. I really wanted to go out with Ju Ju, and then I really wanted to have more friends over to enjoy birthday cake. However, I am so grateful to have had M come over. Many things have changed this year. There are friends who are no longer in my life, others who I rarely see anymore and new friends. I didn't get the big blow out birthday party that I do every year, but instead was blessed with individual outings with friends. Like every year, my birthday came and went. However this year, I didn't have as much anxiety around it. I just let it happen, and in the end, had a great couple of days of celebration!


No comments:

Post a Comment