Thursday, September 26, 2013

Another half marathon... LET'S DO IT!

Yes... I am running my 4th official half marathon. Want to hear a secret? I'm just as nervous as I was for my first half marathon. Have I trained well enough? Will I PR? What about my quad injury? What happens if I don't PR? All the questions running through my mind this past week. However, I have been swamped with work to even worry about them. Now, most of my work is done and I am freaking out. Here is whats up...

1. I never got my 12 mile run in. I only got 10 miles due to fainting (6 miles outside and 4 miles on the TM). Will I be ok? Am I trained?
2. I haven't been getting enough sleep and taking care of myself this week. Like I said this week has been horrible when it comes to work. Actually more like the last two weeks have been miserable.
3. I think I am coming down with a cold and/or stomach bug. I have been in bed all afternoon so hopefully that helps.
4. My quad strain. I haven't let it heal 100%. I have been taking it easy but I know it's not 100%.
5. This is my first race since the BAA 10K. Also the longest time I have gone without a race since I started

This race will be whatever it wants to be. A PR would be great. But, I am going to take it easy. It's a hilly course and not feeling 100% I don't want to push it. So thats the solution.

The pros of this weekend!

1. It's a girls weekend on the Cape. My friends are coming down (some racing, some not) and after the race we are going to have a fun girls weekend.
2. It's Garmina's first race! Hopefully she behaves!
3. It's my first race on the Cape! After last weeks 8 miler on the Cape, I am looking forward to racing along the sea shore.
4. I'm running my 4th half marathon.. YAY! I need to remind myself that a year ago, I was doing crew and was hating myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment