Thursday, February 27, 2014

Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend Recap Part One: Friday

On Friday I woke up early to catch my flight from freezing cold MA to humid Florida. I was nervous. I wasn't excited about this half marathon, if I could trade in my bib and return my plane tickets I would have. After such an incredible past weekend in NYC, I didn't think this weekend could measure up. I also hadn't had much time to settle in back at school before heading off again. Nevertheless I hopped on the plane and headed to Florida.

Once I got there I took a cab to the hotel. Dropped off my stuff and headed over to the expo (another cab… there seemed to be a lot of cab rides during this trip). At the expo, I planned on picking up my bib and poking around and then  head back to the hotel and maybe relax by the pool. I was standing in line to get a photo with Minnie and Aurora (why not?) and started chatting with another woman. She was extremely nice. I learned she was also running the NYC Half in a couple of weeks as well. We took our photos with Minnie and Aurora. I then asked her if she wanted to poke around the expo with me since I was alone. She graciously accepted. From this point on, I had a smile on my face for the rest of my time there. Her name is Starr and we became runner friends. We went around taking photos and checking things out at the expo. One volunteer who took our photo said "You two are the reason we do this race every year". He was right. I forgot how nice and friendly everyone is at the race. You really do bond with the other women running this race. Starr even had an extra tiara for me to wear on race day. I was getting excited!





Move over Cinderella!






Disney Expos are pretty incredible. Especially this year the expo was much more organized and had so much to see and take in. The expo was truly fit for a princess! I also got to catch up with Jeff Galloway, without whom I would not be running half marathons. His run/walk method has gotten me from barely running a mile to completing a half marathon.


I headed back to the hotel and went in the pool. The humidity was KILLING ME. I actually found myself missing the cold?! WHO AM I? Once I hopped in the pool and cooled down I felt better, and didn't miss the freezing snow we had been having in MA.
Well this depressed me





Cate, her family and I headed out to dinner at O'Hana, the place to be at Disney. WHAT A FUN RESTAURANT! That night was filled with endless laughter and endless amounts of food. They just keep serving you. Every kind of meat possible and then when you think you are done… NOPE dessert. With our stomachs full we headed back to the hotel room. After all, we had to be up at 3am the next day for the Enchanted 10K. I have never been so excited to wake up so early, because I knew this was going to be a fun race and I was planning on taking it all in.
I went to Disney World and got laid… OOPS I MEAN L'eid


To be continued… PART TWO 

No comments:

Post a Comment