Thursday, June 5, 2014

Cousin Catie

Maybe it was being around so many bloggers last night. Many of them inspired me to start my own blog. Still leaving luna Chix run I had the urge to write something! So here it is (please bear with me if this makes no sense, my brain is all over the place today) 


I started running with Luna Chix Boston last year but due to work I only made a few. This year I have made it a priority and am hoping I won't have to work Wednesday nights. I really love getting together with a group of people and doing something that I love: running.  Last night one of the leaders told me I reminded them of a little cousin, always bursting with energy and with a smile on my face. They gave me the nickname Cousin Catie. Another woman in the conversation said "I just met you and can already tell your smile is contagious and you make people around you feel happy" (Something along these lines)

What a sincere and thoughtful compliment. It meant so much to me because it's something that means a lot to me. I love making people laugh. Maybe it was growing up as an only child. Whenever my parents had dinner parties and I was the only kid there I would perform for the guest. I loved making them laugh and smile. 

Growing up compliments from my dad always seemed to be about how I looked or if I didn't look thinner there was silence. The compliment last night meant so much to me because it's something that means so much to me:  making people laugh and feel happy when they are around me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment