Tuesday, January 24, 2012

another note

Today, on my way to class, I thought a lot about how gratitude has played a role in my life. Especially looking at my parents and the values they have instilled in me. From the beginning, (cue dramatic music) my mom was always bugging me to write "Thank You" notes, after birthdays or other special occasions (usually where gifts were involved). As I got older my mom let me just call the "important" people instead of writing thank you notes. Once the internet became more and more popular, all I had to do was send a quick email. Even on Facebook, when people write on your wall, I comment a quick "thanks"(which is usually just a copy and paste).
One of the most grateful people in my life, is my dad. Every morning when my dad gets up the first thing he does is write 10 people/things (nouns) that he is grateful for in his life on that particular day. Every morning! This has inspired me to make a gratitude list every Thursday (since Thursdays are usually one of my most difficult days). On this blog, in addition to thank you letters every day, I will have Gratitude Thursday, where I post 10 people or things that are important to me. Please join in! First "Thank You" coming to you tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment