Monday, May 20, 2013

It’s Possible: Brooklyn Half Marathon Recap Part One

Am I crazy!? I actually did three half marathons in less than four months. Yes, I think so! And want to hear the crazier thing.... I think I’m ready to start training for a full marathon. However, let’s start from the beginning, shall we? I arrived in NYC on Thursday and went over to Amanda’s house (who I stayed with last time I was there for the NYC half marathon). I saw Little Miss E and Little O. 



After dropping my stuff off at their house, I went to Brooklyn to meet Alysa. Whenever I see Alysa I am reminded of just how much I miss her! She really has a great sense of humor and is just so entertaining. We went to a great Mexican restaurant, and then headed over to the expo. The expo was actually really cool! In Alysa fashion she started flirting with one of the volunteers who I later had to ask out on behalf of her (yes I do that for my friends). Anyways, she cracked me up the whole time. We found mustaches and some fun with those. 
Drinks before Expo!













I lost it when she took one of the water belts and really wanted to buy it to hold alcohol in it. 





After the expo, we headed our seperate ways. I headed back to Amanda’s to have some dinner and catch up with Little Miss E. We had fun talking about Princess things and what not. After she went to bed, I decided to head to the stage door of Cinderella. We were planning on seeing it Friday, but I wanted to go to the stage door just in case I was too tired to go on Friday night (spoiler alert, we ended up going Friday night). I met the whole cast including Laura Osnes, who I am the biggest fan of. I made her a little care package full of goodies from Boston and a note. She loved it! 



Oh me and Laura, hitting it off like old friends

Me and Laura Osnes! 



After that I went home and was off to bed. The next day was pretty uneventful. Little Miss E was not feeling so well, so we lounged around the house and watched Disney movies. It was exactly the day I needed before a big race. 

At around 6pm I headed off to dinner with my Dad and Alysa before Cinderella. Then we were off to Cinderella. IT WAS AMAZING. Go see it if you are in NYC, it was so magical. I decided at intermission I really wanted to go to the stage door again to get Little Miss E an autographed play bill (the larger ones with more photos). At the stage door Laura (yeah we are on first name basis) remembered me, well after I asked her how the chocolate was. She was so grateful. Then it was back to bed. I had to be up at 5am! 



Stage door take two!





No comments:

Post a Comment